Wednesday, May 2, 2012

My first blog post!

I intend for this blog to be a documentation of my thoughts and opinions on any Japanese food that I come across in the future. I tend to eat Japanese food frequently although lately I have been somewhat low on funds so it has not been as often as I would like! I am by no means an expert, although my girlfriend's father was a sushi chef for many years, and I lived in Japan for half a year, so my tastes tend to lean towards authentic rather than fusion, and can be a bit discriminating at times. This is my first blog so bear with me as I learn the ropes!

5 comments:

  1. Hello Tyler, Good subject, Japanese food is one of my favorites! Watch the movie, Have you ever seen the Nippon connection, with Nankyoku ryorinin? Pretty cool, good job:) Sandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I have not but it looks interesting I will have to watch it. Thanks for the suggestion!

      Delete
  2. Tyler whats up, I like your subject. I haven't tried to many japanese foods but what I did try I liked. So I can't wait to see some of your suggestions. I'm actually more interested in the authentic also. Can't wait to try some Japanese!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am only just getting into Japanese food the last few years and have almost no knowledge so I'm going to be paying attention to you. I lived the first few years of my life in Ohio so not much going on in the way of international cuisine over there and that set the stage for the next few years as well. As my palette grows my knowledge needs to follow suit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Tyler! Love the blog idea! In high school I took 3 years of Japanese language and am really fond of the culture as well. In class we had a sushi chef come to school and teach us all how to make it. Pretty interesting stuff. I'm excited to follow the blog and see where it goes!

    ReplyDelete